We specialize in assisting home buyers and sellers in the Northeast Metro area of the Twin Cites including Washington County, Chisago County, Anoka County and Northern Ramsey County.
Check back here often for community events and helpful real estate news and tips!
Please ask us to help you when you are moving. Integrity 1st Team has worked with service providers in the Forest Lake area and may be able to suggest the right businesses that will help you.
Your lender decides what you can borrow but you decide what you can afford.
Lenders are careful, but they make qualification decisions based on averages and formulas. They won't understand the nuances of your lifestyle and spending patterns quite as well as you do. So, leave a little room for the unexpected - for all the new opportunities your home will give you to spend money, from furnishings, to landscaping, to repairs.
Historically, banks use a ratio called 28/36 to decide how much borrowers could borrow. An approved housing payment couldn't be more than 28 percent of the buyer's gross monthly income, and his or her total debt load, including car payments, student loans, and credit card payments, couldn't be more than 36 percent. (In Canada lenders apply similar formulas to determine how much a buyer can afford. The Gross Debt Service ratio, or GDS, is not to exceed 32 percent of the buyer's gross monthly income, and the Total Debt Service ratio, or TDS, is not to exceed 40 percent of the buyer's total debt load.) As home prices have risen, some lenders have responded by stretching these ratios to as high as 50 percent. No matter how expensive your market though, we urge you to think carefully before stretching your budget quite so much.
Remember the 60-second rule: That's all the time you have to create a winning first impression. Here are some simple to significant ways to maximize your home's appeal.
* Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.
* Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
* Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
* Tighten and clean all door handles.
* Clean windows inside and out.
* Powerwash home's exterior.
* Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.
* Paint the front door.
* Buy a new welcome mat.
* Place potted flowers near the front door.
* Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts "the flow" or makes the room appear smaller. Consider renting a storage unit to move items off-site.
* Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves.
* Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
* Shampoo carpets.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
* Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
* Fix or replace discolored grout.
* Replace broken tiles.
* Replace worn counter tops.
Special details for showings
* Turn on all the lights.
* Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
* Keep pets secured outdoors.
* Buy new towels for bathrooms.
* Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
* Replace old lamps or lampshades.
* Play quiet background music.
* Light the fireplace or clean out the ashes and light a candelabrum.
* Infuse home with a comforting scent, such as apple spice or vanilla.
* Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
* Vacate the property while it is being shown.
Posted on May 1, 2017
Ask us about the one shot walk-through with OneShot Media on this property which allows you to virtually click through each room of the home in a virtual tour. This is far more realistic than the standard virtual tours and slide shows. Ask us how this added feature can benefit you when selling your home!
Kevin and Shawn Marois want to welcome you to their brand new website, just launched to help you and your family find the right home in the best location.
The new functionality to assist you includes:
We specialize in assisting home buyers and sellers in the Northeast Metro of the Twin Cities including Washington County, Chisago County, Anoka County and Northern Ramsey County. Including cities such as Forest Lake, Scandia, Marine, Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Wyoming, North Branch, Stacy, Stillwater, Hugo, Lino Lakes, White Bear Lake, Stillwater, Oakdale, Woodbury and more. So if you're looking for Townhomes, Condos, Single Family Homes or Investments please give us a call.
You will find this site so easy to use for all your real estate needs, there will be no need to go any place else. Our site was designed with Buyers and Sellers in mind. See how easy it is to search for homes that are currently listed in the Twin Cities Area. Or, you can just sit back and allow us to do the work for you and watch how easy and quickly the information is sent to you!